Do you drink enough water?
It’s the first place to start.
You know you need to do it.
You know that you want to improve the way you eat and you want the easy win.
If you can crack this habit the rest is possible right?
Starting with increasing your water intake is the obvious option.
And it is where most of us begin.
Here are my top tips for increasing your water intake so you get off to a good start.
Because when your crack this who knows what you can do next....
1. Start every day with a large glass
This is definitely the best place to start. Your body is craving hydration as it has not had any for several hours. Make it your first priority to drink a large glass as soon as you wake. If you tend to forget pour yourself a glass before bed so it is the first thing you see when you wake up.
2. Set yourself reminders There are lots of free apps you can download on your phone or if it is simpler you can just use the phone’s alarm. Either way it really helps if you have a nudge every hour or so to remind you to drink.
3. Buy a new bottle This is my favourite tip of all. There are some really lovely water bottles just do a search on Amazon and find one that you really love, your favourite colour or a really nice pattern.
Fill it up and put it on your desk or carry it in your bag. I always fill mine up first thing in the morning and it’s my mission to finish it before lunch.
4. Flavour it OK you might want to avoid adding that horrible squash stuff (sorry personal hate) but flavouring your water with fruit is a good option, you can combine point 3 above with this one and buy yourself one of those fab diffuser bottles.
My personal favourite is lemon water which is really refreshing and makes you feel super healthy but really any fruit will do.
5. Fruit/Herbal Tea If you find drinking cold tap or filtered water hard or you simply don’t like the taste another option is to drink your water intake in fruit or herbal teas.
Some are an acquired taste, some forgot all about the taste but find the one you like and stick with it.
6. Replace one drink a day If you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks try replacing one of them every day with water or herbal tea instead. It won’t take long before it becomes normal and you won’t miss that tea, coffee or fizzy drink at all.
7. Reward yourself Give yourself a reward if you stick to your water goal for a whole week, it can give you just the incentive you need.
Go on pour yourself a glass right now! And when you have finished it make sure you let me know which of the above tips worked best for you. You can contact me now or catch up with me in our Facebook group.